"The act of ministering or serving." - Webster's Dictionary
"God is always ready to bless every true effort to evangelize little children..."
Jessie Irvin Overholtzer (founder of Child Evangelism Fellowship)
For more information on any of our ministries click a link on the side bar.
Overview of CEF Ministries:
- Good News Clubs are the primary ministry. They meet weekly, October through April, after school, in homes, churches, and some are held on public school property.
- Released Time Classes children are released from school to a nearby church or community building for one hour of religious instruction.
- Special Holiday Clubs a one-time class held around the holiday season.
- Teacher Training Classes meet weekly, bimonthly, or monthly to provide training for the teachers. Special teacher training is also provided in churches when requested.
- 5-Day Clubs are held for five consecutive days during the summer months on porches, on steps, in yards, or inside homes.
- Vacation Bible School is a 5-Day Club that is held at a church that agrees with our Statement of Faith and Policy Relative to Speaking in Tongues.
- Summer Camp is for grades 1-6 (the grade the child will be entering). They are day camps that are held for one week during the summer.
- Kiddie Kamp is summer camp is for children ages 4-5.
- Summer Missionary Training School - is a training and summer ministry program of Child Evangelism Fellowship of Eastern Pennsylvania. All across Eastern Pennsylvania, many young people are trained each year to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Fair Booth - Every year at the Harford Fair we set up a booth to which children can come and hear the Gospel. (The Good News Booth)
- Special Ministries - We are willing to do school chapels, mission conferences, and rallies.
- Correspondence Courses - are available as a means of follow-up to encourage the children to learn more from the Bible.